Packet Baler 44 (QB44)
QUANTERRA PACKET BALER44 | THE FIELD RECORDING AND COMMUNICATION SYSTEM FOR Q330The Quanterra Packet Baler PB44 is a modular, field-ready high-capacity recording system for the Quanterra Q330 ultra low-power high-resolution seismic data acquisition system. Using sophisticated power management and advanced telemetry for reliable data delivery, the PB44 stores up to 32GB of ready-to-use data in internationally-standardized Federation of Digital Seismic Networks miniseed format. The miniseed files are accessible either by simple media removal or through an advanced easy-to-use high-level HTTP interface.
- Ultra-low power: duty cycled to 10 mW effective power consumption.
- 32 GB local storage, removable and hot swappable.
- Operative at -40 degrees Celsius.
- Simple preparation and software upgrade.
- Compatibility to all major data acquisition platforms.
- Modularity: separate digitizer and recorder/communication modules for easy maintenance, to exchange the entire module or only the rugged USB media.
- Compact and super rugged with no moving parts.
- The B44 fully negotiates communications with the Q330 and produces accurately time-labelled MSEED data directly in the field, ready for archival.
Find out more about this product by downloading the Datasheet.